1220 South Congress Avenue
Austin, TX 78704
Special St. Edward’s University rates available
Rates subject to availability.
The Austin Motel originally opened its doors in 1938, and its landmark neon sign has been brightening South Congress Avenue ever since. Located just 1 mile from the St. Edward’s University campus, Austin Motel is also walking distance to endless shopping, restaurants, and nightlife in the South Congress neighborhood.
Operating under the mantra “So Close. Yet So Far Out,” this modern 41-room motel, with classic motor court exterior, is centrally located in the heart of Austin’s most interesting cultural district and is close to downtown. At Austin Motel you’ll find Joann’s Fine Foods, with a menu that pays tribute to diner culture featuring Tex-Mex favorites and California-inspired healthy options.
- 41 non-smoking guest rooms and suites
- Handicapped accessible
- Minimum age to check-in: 21 years old
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary wireless internet access in guest rooms and throughout hotel
- Complimentary 24-hour business center
- Seasonal outdoor swimming pool and bar
- 24-hour bodega
- The Lounge serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, happy hour
- Self-serve laundry service available
- Pet friendly (fee applies)
- Languages spoken: English