41 Mary Street
Newport, RI 02840
Special Salve Regina University rates available
Rates subject to availability.
Originally built in 1909 by Alfred Gwynne Vanderbilt, a scion of the wealthy Vanderbilt family, the property is a vintage Newport mansion meticulously restored to its former glory, just minutes from the charming waterfront.
Come here for elegant fireplaces and museum-quality artwork in the lobby entrance, Christy’s Gallery and Snooker Room—along with pampering worthy of any railway baron. In the summer, enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner on the Garden Terrace and evening drinks along our popular rooftop bar with sweeping views of Newport Harbor.
- 33 non-smoking guest rooms and suites
- Handicapped accessible
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary wireless internet access in guest rooms and throughout hotel
- The Vanderbilt Grill serving breakfast, lunch, high tea, dinner
- Complimentary fitness center
- Indoor heated swimming pool
- Seasonal rooftop bar
- Pet friendly (no fees)
- Valet laundry service available
- Languages spoken: English, Spanish, French, Italian