139 Mathewson Street
Providence, RI 02903
Special Brown business rates available
Rates subject to availability.
Hotel Providence is the city’s only Four Diamond luxury boutique hotel. Originally built in 1882, our historic building operated as a hotel for over 90 years, before being restored to its original splendor and reopening as Hotel Providence in 2005. Located in the heart of the thriving Downcity Arts and Theater District, we have received AAA’s Four Diamond Award every year since.
Step inside a hotel that captures the true essence of Providence. Our style is timeless, refined luxury. Spaces are filled with classic novels and unique works of art. From art exhibitions in our lobby to live jazz in our restaurant, we are passionate about connecting our guests with Rhode Island history, artists, and musicians.
We are a short walk to the Brown campus. Also in our neighborhood you will find the Providence Performing Arts Center, Trinity Repertory Company, and the Rhode Island Convention Center. Unique shops, independent restaurants, and art galleries are right outside our front door. Above all else, we invite you to experience our personalized service, not found in any other hotel in Providence. Referred to as the “Ivy League Hotel of Providence,” we have been welcoming Brown University visitors since 1882.
- 80 non-smoking guest rooms and suites
- Handicapped accessible rooms
- 24-hour complimentary fitness center
- 24-hour complimentary business center
- Pet friendly (fee applies)
- Shuttle service (fee applies)
- Complimentary wireless internet access in guest rooms and throughout hotel
- In-room Keurig coffee maker
- Robes and slippers in all rooms
- iHome docking station in all rooms
- Valet laundry service
- On-site restaurant serving breakfast and dinner
- Room service
- Stash Hotel Rewards points program
- VIP Program for Brown University parents
- Languages spoken: English, Spanish, Portuguese